W&S lawful basis of data processing
Data can only be processed if there is at least one lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases for processing data are:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child. Recital 47 states “The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest “
W&S will only process data as follows:
- Contact details from web site and other sources with explicit consent of the subject.
- Contact details for sales leads that are a legitimate interest for W&S in their pursuit of business.
- Contact details for pursuing enquires.
- Contact details for carrying out contracts.
- Contact details for contract aftercare.
W&S Data Processing:
W&S store personal details of persons generally representing Business Entities in:
- Contact Corporate and Personal Applications and Apps, (e.g. Email Contact Services, MS Exchange, Android and Apple Phone Apps etc.)
- File Server records (Reports and Record Documents and Correspondence.)
- Inteli-Scan User Database.
- Constant Contact Records.
- Linked-in Social Media Connections.
Watson & Sole is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy and current data protection legislation.
Watson & Sole may update this policy from time to time by updating this policy. You should check this policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, Job Title and Role
- Corporate Information, (Company Name, Business Sector etc.)
- Contact information including email address, phone number and address (including postcode)
- Other information relevant by customer surveys.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to allow us to communicate with you, understand your requirements and provide you with a service.
In particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To contact you in relationship to a sales lead, enquiry, contract or past contract.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the contact details, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for customer survey purposes. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We will contact you by email, phone, post or visit.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our communication may contain links to other material of interest. However, once you have used these links, you should note that we do not have any control over third party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such locations and these locations are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the communication in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you provide personal data to us advise that this is not to be recorded.
- if we have previously recorded data you can ask for it to be removed from our systems by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may however share your contact details to other parties related to you and us via a lead, enquiry, contract, or past contract. We may use your personal information to send you contract related correspondence and promotional information about us or third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and its successor the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Watson & Sole 97 Westmead Road, Sutton, SM1 4HX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.